ARK: Survival Evolved
- Release date: 8/27/2017
- Developer: Studio Wildcard, Instinct Games, Efecto Studios, Virtual Basement LLC
- Publisher: Studio Wildcard
- Genre: Action , Adventure , Indie , Massively Multiplayer , RPG , Early Access
- Languages: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian, Portuguese-Brazil, Simplified Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Hungarian, Polish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Finnish, Japanese, Korean, Spanish - Spain, Portuguese - Brazil
- Features: Single-player, Multi-player, MMO, Co-op, Steam Achievements, Full controller support, Steam Workshop, Steam Cloud, Valve Anti-Cheat enabled, Includes level editor, Remote Play on Tablet
ARK: Survival Evolved
Studio Wildcard, Instinct Games, Efecto Studios, Virtual Basement LLC
- OS: Ubuntu Equivalent Distro
- Processor: 2 GHz 64-bit CPU
- Memory: 4000 MB RAM
- Graphics: OpenGL 3 Compatible GPU with 1GB Video RAM
- Storage: 20000 MB available space
ARK: Survival Evolved Review
ARK: Survival Evolved is a multiplayer game about survival. Download ARK for play on consoles or personal computers. The plot of the game’s story takes us back to the era of dinosaurs, where the player will have to fight for survival in the style of similar zombie games.
The game is a multiplayer project, collective survival in an unknown area. Having chosen a character, the player just appears on the coast. Like the hero of the series Lost, the gamer does not understand what happened, where he was, and what will happen next. The fate of the survivor will depend only on him. Collecting resources, growing food, building houses, fences, and other types of shelter seem quite standard. But, among the "classic" scenarios of survival appear dinosaurs.
In addition to predators that can threaten the life of the character in the project ARK: Survival Evolved other factors affect survival. In particular, the player must regularly feed the character with different plants or meat.
Open world graphics always suffers and is far from such giants as Battlefield, Fallout, Call of Duty. In ARK the picture is quite pleasant, all the necessary elements are painted in detail. Early versions of the build will not give you a good FPS, but the situation will change closer to the final version after optimization.
Controls in the game ARK is made on three points out of five. Management itself is not difficult, but the character very often behaves strangely because of buggy and error. The character can hang, fall into textures, and not move at all. It happens regardless of whether you use a gamepad or a keyboard with a computer mouse.
The Bottom Line
ARK full version deserves gamers’ attention, which shows the quality approach of developers to their brainchild. A separate "liking" is sent to the authors for the revival of the theme of dinosaurs, which appears in games rarely. The project attracts originality and a wonderful survival system.
Together with friends, you can forget about the course of time, completely immersed in the island’s stay among predators. Definitely it is a game that deserves attention and detailed gameplay. But do not forget about the presence of bugs in the initial version.
Pros : Interesting gameplay in the world of dinosaurs;
Cons : A large number of bugs in the game.
Replay Value 4